To raise £10,000 (£16000 raised) for the MND Association and SSAFA (split 50%) by walking 100km around Salisbury Plain Training Area over 5 days
Also to highlight that:
- Motor Neuron Disease (MND) is a fatal, rapidly progressing disease that affects the brain and spinal cord. It attacks the nerves that control movement so that muscles no longer work.
- On average in the UK six people are diagnosed with MND and six people die from it every day.
- 1 in 300 people develop MND, ie on average each Army major unit will today have at least two people who will get MND before they are 65.
- MND is a health issue that managers should be more aware of.
- SSAFA is able to provide a link with the MND Association for support.
- There is a need for more MND Association volunteers in Salisbury and South Wiltshire