Day 1 - Monday 20th September
Read the general instructions for the event first then once you have chosen this day to participate please
- download your instructions for the parking and route and
- record your attendance and get your ticket from the Eventbrite site
- there is no charge to take part but hope you might make a donation
- dogs welcome
Day 1 route updated 10 Sep 21 @ 20.54hrs
Maps to get to the Start Point and Route Card to download
You need to read these documents before the event
Suggested personal clothing, equipment and maps
Stay on the signposted byeways.
Obey all MOD Bye Laws and Range Safety signs and red danger flags as well as instructions from Training Area Marshals.
Do not touch any unfamiliar objects.
Keep out of all military buildings, bunkers and installations.
Do not interfere with any military training taking place.
Follow the Country Code.
Car Park instruction at Start Point (SPt) and Finish point (FPt)
- The SPt will be manned from 0900- 1015 daily
- The FPt will be manned from 0830 - 1000 daily and approimately1500 - 1630 daily, except Day 5 (24th), which has separate arrangements
- You need to be at the SP by no later than 0945 for registration and safety briefing, with a 10.00 departure.
- The SPt and FPt are 10-15km apart. Please arrange for your own transport between the two prior to and after the event. We can put you in touch with other walkers on the day to share a lift (send an email to email@example.com and we will try and link you together if travelling alone). We suggest you drop one car at the FPt and then travel in another to the SPt.
- Cars are left at owner's risk.
- Please note Wiltshire Police strongly advise you against leaving items visible in your car. There have been thefts from cars on Salisbury Plain.
- We will have mobile patrols visiting the car park sites each day and for parts of the day a physical presence..